ant-user mailing list archives

From Giovanni Mesturini <jo_4_...@yahoo.it>
Subject Re: Merge manifest files
Date Fri, 03 Feb 2006 07:30:13 GMT

--- Stefan Bodewig <bodewig@apache.org> ha scritto:

> On Thu, 2 Feb 2006, Giovanni Mesturini
> <jo_4_ant@yahoo.it> wrote:
>
> > I'm going to set up a temporary-maven-compilant
> > project, taking source code from many different
> src
> > dirs into one. I can't find the way to merge up
> all
> > manifest files from many projects into a single
> one.
>
> There is no built-in one.
>
> What probably would work is to create jar files for
> each of your
> manifests (putting the manifests in as
> META-INF/MANIFEST.MF) and then
> merge those jars with <jar> and <zipgroupfileset>
> setting the
> filesetmanifest attribute to "merge".  This final
> jar would then
> contain a merged manifest that you could extract
> with <unjar>.

Just tried, but it doesn't work completely. The
resulting manifest is compilant but some dependencies
in class-path are missing.

> > I've also considered the possibility to use a
> > (unknown) task to merge up simple plain text
> files,
>
> <concat>

I think this will be the final solution...

> > appending contents from one to the other. In this
> > case, will a manifest work without optimization?
> (with
> > two class-path property then).
>
> No, it will not be a valid Manifest anymore.

Thanks. The last question: I saw on
http://www.dpml.net/api/ant/1.6.4/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs/Manifest.html
that the Ant class Manifest has a merge method that
should be perfect for my problem (starting with an
empty manifest and sequentially merge the others). But
this class seems not to be exposed in XML Ant's tasks.
Where can I find a tutorial on how to create new XML
tasks exposing existing Ant classes?

Thank you once again
Jo