ant-user mailing list archives

From "Issam Aib" <i...@bbcr.uwaterloo.ca>
Subject Property file - How to specify the "location" attribute
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2006 17:37:46 GMT
Hi all,

I am kind of novice in ant.

I have a difficulty to find out how to specify the “location” attribute of a property
when I define it in a property file.
For example, suppose the current ${basedir} is equal to “c:\projectname\app” and I define
this property in the build.xml (located at ${basedir} of course):

<property name="project.dir" location="${basedir}/.." />

This property definition resolves correctly to the path of the parent folder of the current
ant build file. That is, to “c:\projectname”.

If I try to move this property definition to a property file I would write:

Project.dir=${basedir}/..

However, this does not resolve to what I want as it resolves to:
“c:\projectname\app/..”

This means that the property definitions in the property file are understood as a “value”
attribute of a property definition and not a “location” attribute.

Does any one know how to solve this issue?

Thanks,
Issam