ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rebhan, Gilbert" <Gilbert.Reb...@huk-coburg.de>
Subject RE: Ant-based installers
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2006 15:03:30 GMT

Hi,

i your script is ready to use and all you want
to achieve is to collect the properties via gui
have a look @ AntForms.

give it a shot =

http://antforms.sourceforge.net/

Gilbert

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Goktepe [mailto:andrewgoktepe@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 02, 2006 2:03 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Ant-based installers

>have a gui for end users that creates a script for deploying to the
local
box?
No. It doesn't have to create a script - I already have one.

>make it easy for someone who doesn't know ant to deploy to many
systems?
Yes. The Ant script does all of the real work, but it's exposure to the
user
should be minimal.

Our applications have many properties and xml files within the ear file
and
elsewhere that need to be configured for the particular environment
being
used. I already have an Ant script that will configure these files and
deploy the application to any of several application servers, but I want
GUI front-end to collect all of the settings from the user before
running
the script.

-Andrew

> Andrew Goktepe wrote:
> > I am looking for an ant-based GUI installer to configure and deploy
our
> J2EE
> > applications. I have tried Antigen and AntInstaller. I really like
> > AntInstaller, especially its configuration file format and the way
it
> saves
> > all of the user-provided values for repeat runs of the Ant script.
Is