ant-user mailing list archives

From Joe Schmetzer <...@exubero.com>
Subject Re: AW: Have an Ant script run even with missing JARs?
Date Tue, 28 Feb 2006 14:34:28 GMT
On Tue, 2006-02-28 at 09:24 -0500, Glen Mazza wrote:
> Jan.Materne@rzf.fin-nrw.de wrote:
> > If you´re doing the <taskdef> in a init-target and let the deploy-target
> > depend on that, should work.
>
> Is there really such a thing as an "<init-target/>" -- I can't find it
> anywhere in the manual, and Google isn't being much of a friend here
> either (translating "init-target" to a very common "init target" that
> lots of build scripts have.)

A lot of scripts have an "init" target like this:

<target name="init">...</target>

This target will perform common initialisation tasks such as set up
properties, declare taskdefs, etc. Many other targets can then make use
of this initialisation by depending upon it. For example:

<target name="deploy" depends="init">...</target>

HTH
--
Joe Schmetzer .:. Renaissance Developer .:. http://www.exubero.com/