ant-user mailing list archives

From Jeffrey E Care <ca...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: Auto task need to take backup before deployemnt
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 17:01:36 GMT
Not at all; I never once mentioned code or APIs.

All you've told us so far is that you want to back stuff up before
deploying new stuff; perhaps that's interesting to you, but it doesn't
tell the people on this list who are in a position help you anything
useful.

As I said before, at this point it sure sounds like you are trying to get
people on this list to do your work for you. If that's not the case, what
have you tried already? If you haven't actually tried anything yet, what
are you thinking about trying? If you haven't yet even thought about what
you're going to try, why are you asking here?

If you're just looking to get some ideas then fine, but your question
certainly wasn't phased that way. The purpose of this list is not for
others to do the work that you are (presumably) being paid to do: the
purpose of this list is for Ant _users_ to help _each other_ solve
problems. No one can & no one will help you if you're just going to
passively say "I need X, help me please!"

I would really suggest that you read the advice on the smart questions
FAQ.

--
Jeffrey E. Care (carej@us.ibm.com)
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer