ant-user mailing list archives

From "Scott, Brian" <Sco...@talgov.com>
Subject Strange behavior with cvstagdiff task
Date Thu, 12 Jan 2006 19:03:04 GMT
Hello friends -

I'm experiencing some very strange behavior when specifying multiple values in the package
definition.  Specifically, if I add multiple space delimited values for package I get a different
number of differences reported in tagdiff.html.

So, for example, if my tag includes:

		    <cvstagdiff
		    cvsRoot=":pserver:CVS_USER:xxxxxx@999.99.99.999:/cvs_repository"
                destfile="tagdiff.xml"
                package="mobile/config"
                startTag="start_tag"
                endTag="end_tag" >

I will get the expected number of entries returned in tagdiff.html/tagdiff.xml.

Likewise, if my tag includes:

	    <cvstagdiff
		    cvsRoot=":pserver:CVS_USER:xxxxxx@999.99.99.999:/cvs_repository"
                destfile="tagdiff.xml"
                package="mobile/jsp"
                startTag="start_tag"
                endTag="end_tag" >

I get the expected number of entries.

However, if my tag is:

		    <cvstagdiff
		    cvsRoot=":pserver:CVS_USER:xxxxxx@999.99.99.999:/cvs_repository"
                destfile="tagdiff.xml"
                package="mobile/jsp mobile/config"
                startTag="start_tag"
                endTag="end_tag" >

I get fewer files than I would expect to see if I were to simply add the files from the two
previous examples.  While these are dummied up entries, I am not crossing modules; just different
directory structures within the same module.

Can anyone help; the notion of modifying my process to individual detect differences on a
folder by folder basis gives me a sinking feeling.

Thank you.
brian