ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: Checking for non-existence of environment variable
Date Tue, 24 Jan 2006 20:53:02 GMT
Will <fail unless="env.NO_VALUE"/> work for you?

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Sergei Dubov [mailto:sdubov@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 24, 2006 3:48 PM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Checking for non-existence of environment variable

Hi guys,

I am sure this question has been asked before. But I did my research and

found no answers whatsoever.

Basically I am trying to check for existence of an environment variable.

And if it is not defined I want the script to fail.

<project name="base" basedir="." default="echo-env">
     <property environment="env"/>

     <target name="echo-env">
         <echo>${env.NO_VALUE}</echo>
     </target>
</project>

Basically this will return "${env.NO_VALUE}".

And potential <available> check will think it actually HAS value. Is
there any way to make Ant recognize that System.getenv("NO_VALUE")
returns null?

Thank you very much beforehand,

Serge.

TIAA-CREF