ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MULTI DEPLOYMENT
Date Mon, 02 Jan 2006 04:59:25 GMT
On Mon, 2 Jan 2006, Karthik <karthikn@xius.org> wrote:

> Please excuse me,I am raising the Form again and agian ,need help in
> here.

It is very difficult to help you since nobody can guess what "deploy"
means in your context.

> I have a single application and currently 3 systems of different
> OS's[ LINUX / UNIX / WINWOSW ], and need too use ANT [Only Once ] in
> to deploy the application on all the 3 systems.
>
> The systems may increase in next quater...

If you can figure out how to deploy to each of the existing systems
(can't help as I don't know what it means in your case, see above),
write a single build file for each of them.  Say unix.xml, windows.xml
and linux.xml with deploy targets that perform the steps needed.  In
your build.xml use the subant task to invoke them.  As you add new
target machines, you add a new build file.

Stefan