ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Making custom tasks globally available
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 05:06:36 GMT
On Wed, 25 Jan 2006, Tommy Nordgren <> wrote:

> Quoting the following example from "Extreme Programming with Ant"

Unfortunately that advice is not that good anymore.  If you are using
Ant 1.6.0 or later, use <import> instead of entity includes.

> Where can I put files for entities, so that they are available to
> ALL my projects?

In general, anywhere where it pleases you, you can use relative and
absolute paths to locate them, but this is probably far easier with
<import> (in particular since you can use Ant properties to define the

Use something like

<project name="eMarket" default="compile" basedir=".">

    <property file="${user.home}/.ant/"/>
    <import file="${import.base}/sales.xml"/>
    <import file="${import.base}/common.xml"/>

and have you developers create a in their home
directory.  In that file they can set define the path to their copy of
the common import files.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message