ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Can I substitute jar executable used by <jar> ?
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2006 05:17:18 GMT
On Wed, 18 Jan 2006, Bernard Cena <Bernard.Cena@morganstanley.com>
wrote:

> Is there a way to substitute what executable is used under the hood
> of <jar> task in similar fashion to executable and compiler
> attribute for <javac> ?

No.  <jar> doesn't use any executable at all but its own set of ZIP
classes.

Many of the task's features would not be supported (at least not
easily) by any external executable I'm aware of.  Things like
specifying permissions, placing files into directories inside the
archive that don't physically exists or scanning the archive to see
which files need to be updated.

Stefan