ant-user mailing list archives

From Tommy Nordgren <tommy.nordg...@chello.se>
Subject Re: Making custom tasks globally available
Date Wed, 25 Jan 2006 17:37:27 GMT

On Jan 25, 2006, at 4:39 AM, Tommy Nordgren wrote:

> Quoting the following example from "Extreme Programming with Ant"
> <?xml version="1.0" ?>
>
> <!DOCTYPE project [<!ENTITY sales SYSTEM
> 					"file:sales.xml>
> 					<!ENTITY common SYSTEM
> 					"file:common.xml">]>
>
> <project name="eMarket" default="compile" basedir=".">

> 	&common;
> 	&sales;
>
> </project>
>
> Where can I put files for entities, so that they are available to
> ALL my projects?

	Both Stefan Bodewig have suggested useing the new <import> tag.
	However Checking a Java native Interface OSS project that uses
third party ant tasks, I've found that there is also another solution.
Using <taskdef resource="Tommys_Ant_Tasks.tasks" />
This will load a set of task defs from a property file included in my
distribution jar.
This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@chello.se