ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lemke, Wesley" <Wesley.Le...@LibertyMutual.com>
Subject RE: Escaping Characters
Date Thu, 26 Jan 2006 21:54:42 GMT
You are correct, it was a permissions problem on the cvs server.  I
thought it was related to the shell because when I tried to reproduce
the problem, I copied the command to the shell.

Thanks for pointing out that the cvs command doesn't go through the
shell, I wasn't aware of that.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dominique Devienne [mailto:ddevienne@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:42 PM
To: Ant Users List
Subject: Re: Escaping Characters

On 1/26/06, Lemke, Wesley <Wesley.Lemke@libertymutual.com> wrote:
> How do I escape the special characters, before I send the cvs command
> to the system?

value=":pserver:${cvs.user}:${cvs.pass}@${cvs.host}:${cvs.code.repositor
y.dir}"

> If someone's password is:  th!s
> I would like cvs.pass to be: th\!s

Why would it be necessary? Does it not work for some of your users?

One usually needs to escape characters so that the shell passes them
unmolested to the app it's about to start to run the command. But when
you use <exec>, or <cvs> which uses Execute underneath, you don't go
thru a shell usually.

Otherwise, check out Ant-Contrib on SourceForge, which has tools to
manipulate property text. --DD