ant-user mailing list archives

From Ken Gentle <j.kenneth.gen...@acm.org>
Subject Re: delete task in Ant
Date Fri, 06 Jan 2006 19:52:54 GMT
The leading "." in the filenames (".#Test.log.1.23") is what is
preventing this pattern from matching.  That looks vaguely like an
editor backup file or diff/merge tool backup file pattern.

If you're trying to delete files that are named more conventionally
(Test.log.1.23), you'll probably need two includes in the fileset, like:
<delete>
         <fileset dir=${buildDir}>
            <include name="*Test.log.*" />
           <include name=".#Test.log.*" />
         </fileset>
</delete>

Don't forget the quotes around the attribute value (name="") - I'm
surprised you didn't get an error with the pattern as you have it below.

         Ken