ant-user mailing list archives

From Tommy Nordgren <tommy.nordg...@chello.se>
Subject Problem with exec task
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:05:17 GMT
I have a problem with the exec task.
I want to run an executable nested in one of my build directories.
I've tried:
<exec executable="${unittest.build.dir}/TestRequiredInput.pl" />
This executes the command, but the work directory is still the base
directory of my build.
I want it set to the directory containing the executable.

When I tries:
<exec dir="${unittest.build.dir}" executable="${unittest.build.dir}/
TestRequiredInput.pl" />
exec will just return an error code of 255.

When I try:
<exec dir="${unittest.build.dir}" executable="TestRequiredInput.pl" />
ant will throw an IOException ("File not Found")

What do I need to do to successfully execute in a nested directory.

The first option isn't viable, because I want generated files in the
same directory as the executable.
This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
tommy.nordgren@chello.se