ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Unit test a build
Date Mon, 23 Jan 2006 15:26:15 GMT
Clifton Craig wrote:
> On Sunday 22 January 2006 4:55 pm, Steve Loughran wrote:
>> Clifton Craig wrote:
>>> Given my passion for TDD I am now looking for a way to apply unit tests
>>> to my Ant build files. Is there an easy way or framework I can use?
>> you need the antunit test framework; its in Ant's SVN repo. Its really
>> for testing tasks, but comes with a good set of assertions

> Steve,
>
> Great idea. However, I'm a little lost. I have a source distribution of
> Ant-1.6.5 that I'm working with and I can't figure out where the antunit test
> framework begins and where the the actual test cases end.

the antunit sub project creates a library, called something like
antunit.jar, that contains an antlib with all the test cases and things
in. If you look through the source for the resource antlib.xml you'll
find out the tasks it offers, and the URL to use to call it. just add
the lib to ant's classpath, declare a namespace with the antlib: url and
use the tasks on demand.

-steve