ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Timeout feature
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:37:50 GMT
Frank Harnack wrote:
> I would try the Parallel-Task. There is a timeout attribute available.
>
> Regards,
>
> Frank

I'd be very cautious about handling timeouts in-JVM; there is no
guarantee that Ant is left in anything resembling a stable state at the
time of exit -it depends on what the task was doing during timeout. As
long as the sole action is "exit with a message" everything should be ok

exec and java both let you add a timeout to an external program.