ant-user mailing list archives

From Michael Böckling <michael.boeckl...@giniality.com>
Subject Variable number of parameters for a task
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 13:03:08 GMT
Hi,

I have a situation where I don't know whether or not a property is set
at runtime.
As we all know, if a property is not set, its literal value is passed.

Example:
<someTask var1="${var1}" var2="${var2}"/>

I don't know beforehand if ${var2} is set at runtime or not, so
sometimes the literal "${var2}" is passed to the task, which I want to
avoid.

Maybe I can use conditionals to set a property to null (which would be
ok) if it is not set (Is there a way to set a property to null?!)?
Does anyone know a solution to this problem?

Would be really great if anyone could help me!

Bye,
    Michael

P.S.: I searched the archives, but couldn't find the answer to my
problem... Sorry if this one is getting asked regularly.

--
Giniality AG - Michael Böckling; Steinenberg 21, CH-4051 Basel
P: +41 61 226 99 63 - F: +41 61 226 99 69