ant-user mailing list archives

From Lothar Krenzien <lkrenz...@web.de>
Subject Re: running junit from ant
Date Mon, 16 Jan 2006 16:39:55 GMT

> > I can't believe it because the test target depends on the compile
> > target and I included the output dir (where the compiler stores the
> > classes) in my classpath. In the debug output I can see that the
> > classes are really included.
> >
> >     [junit] '-classpath' ...
> >     W:\deployment\web\WEB-INF\classes\sr2\test\imports\TestImportAlarm.class
>
> The classes are not supposed to be on the classpath, the root of the
> class hierarchy is.  So if your class is not inside of a package,
> W:\deployment\web\WEB-INF\classes\sr2\test\imports must be on the
> classpath, not the class file.
>
> Stefan

It was just a line from the ant debug output. In fact I have included the root of my classes
in the classpath. So my classpath actually looks like:

	<path id="class.path">
		<pathelement path="${java.class.path}"/>
		<fileset file="${tomcat.dir}/bin/bootstrap.jar"/>
		<fileset dir="${ant.dir}/lib">
			<include name="*.jar"/>
		</fileset>
		<fileset dir="${tomcat.dir}/server/lib">
			<include name="*.jar"/>
		</fileset>
		<fileset dir="${tomcat.dir}/common/lib">
			<include name="*.jar"/>
		</fileset>
		<fileset dir="${web.dir}/WEB-INF/lib">
			<include name="*.jar"/>
		</fileset>
		<fileset dir="conf/tomcat/common/lib">
			<include name="*.jar"/>
		</fileset>
		<fileset dir="${out.dir}/web/WEB-INF/classes">
			<include name="**/*.class"/>
		</fileset>
	</path>

And as I said earlier I tried also using the package name and even only the classname as test
name.
But I have notified that I have two junit.jars in the above classpath. One in the ANT/lib
dir (so that Ant knows of the junit task) and one in the project classpath (WEB-INF/lib) .
Could that cause any problems ? Additionally I've now found a good book about Junit and Ant.
Maybe I can get working it now  ;).

Lothar