ant-user mailing list archives

From "Anderson, Rob (Global Trade)" <Rob.Ander...@nike.com>
Subject RE: When is the next release?
Date Mon, 30 Jan 2006 19:45:33 GMT
Even with the binary distribution, unless you have the dependant jars some tasks will not work.
So if you want a "fully working" Ant release, you need to get the 3rd party jars whether you
are building from source or using the binary dist. Of course the term "fully working Ant distribution"
is relative. The binary distribution I am using does everything I need it to do, yet I have
not downloaded all the dependant jars that are needed to make every task work. Building from
source is not for everyone. If you want something that just works, use the binary distribution.
For reference, all the dependencies are listed in the manual (http://ant.apache.org/manual/install.html#librarydependencies).
Get the jars you need, or all of them, then put them in your binary dist.

-Rob A