ant-user mailing list archives

From Clifton Craig <ccr...@gbg.com>
Subject Re: Copy a directory list
Date Sat, 21 Jan 2006 20:57:38 GMT
> 	Here is the error: the includes attribute should contain patterns
> matching the file names you want copied.
> The patterns only match the directories.
> 	Try: includes="**/*.jar""

Tommy,

I know where the error is my real problem is the property friving the selector
needs to be a comma separated list which describes the configurations to
deploy. I want to use that value to drive the copy. In other words changing
the comma separated values to resemble a patternset pattern is not an option.
So that leaves me with few options. I can define some custom task to do a
regex replace on the property value appending "/**/*" sequences on each entry
or I can use beanshell with a script task to  do the same. Neither of those
options are what I consider appealing. I thought I might be overlooking some
simple functionality in Ant when I ran into the problem but it just doesn't
seem to easy to copy directories specified in a CSV list without exposing
patternset syntax to the creator of the list.