ant-user mailing list archives

From Daniele Gianni <daniele_gianni2...@yahoo.it>
Subject RE: Problems installing Ant under Linux Red Hat: can't find org.apache.ant.launch.Launcher class
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2006 17:31:06 GMT
Thanks Keith for you message.

  I checked with the which command and I have just got the ant I installed.

  I also remember having trying typing ant in the shell and got the unknown command error.

  Actually I tried to include the jar in the CLASSPATH env var but it didn't work as well.

  Daniele

Keith Hatton <khatton@axiomsystems.com> ha scritto:  Did you install Ant 1.6.5 yourself?
This sounds like there may be
multiple Ant installations - for example, one might be packaged with
RedHat by default.

Trying something like "which ant" might give you some help.

FYI, in Ant 1.6 the Launcher class it's complaining about is in
ANT_HOME/lib/ant-launcher.jar. This is a change from Ant 1.5.

Keith

-----Original Message-----
From: Daniele Gianni [mailto:daniele_gianni2003@yahoo.it]
Sent: 18 January 2006 17:04
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: Problems installing Ant under Linux Red Hat: can't find
org.apache.ant.launch.Launcher class

 Hi all,

  I'm trying to instal Ant 1.6.5 under Red Hat, I have set all the env
variable required but I can't still  run ant.

  Actually I can run
  ant -version

  but when I try with

  ant -diagnostics or just ant

  I have to the following message from the shell

   ant -diagnostics
org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher
     at gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.run() (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
     at _Jv_ThreadRun(java.lang.Thread) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
     at _Jv_RunMain(java.lang.Class, byte const, int, byte const,
boolean) (/usr/lib64/libgcj.so.5.0.0)
     at __gcj_personality_v0 (/net/hc291/gianni/java.version=1.4.2)
     at __libc_start_main (/lib64/tls/libc-2.3.4.so)
     at _Jv_RegisterClasses (/net/hc291/gianni/java.version=1.4.2)

  I tried putting the jars in the lib directory into the CLASSPATH but
it doesn't work as well.

  Anybody has any suggestions?

  Thanks !

  Daniele