ant-user mailing list archives

From Clifton Craig <ccr...@gbg.com>
Subject Re: Jar task
Date Tue, 17 Jan 2006 14:21:37 GMT
On Tuesday 17 January 2006 6:49 am, Guruprasad R wrote:
> i am creating a jar file using the below ant script.
>
>  <target name="makejar" depends="buildejb">
>   <jar jarfile="${src}/classes/npacejb.jar" basedir="${src}/classes">
>    <fileset dir="${src}/classes" includes="**/*.*"/>
>   </jar>
>  </target>
>
> The created jar file has all the files twice in it, with the same path. ex:
> there are 2 files named as weblogic-ejb-jar.xml with the same path.
> i have another problem. there are several files whose *path* is META-INF.
> but i am getting the META-INF in small letters. how can i change this
> meta-inf to META-INF?

Also, I am wondering about your project layout. It doesn't seem like a good
idea to have build output (binaries, etc.) under your src folder. Instead
maybe you can consider a separate conventional ${build.dir} folder where ALL
build output (classes, jars, binaries, generated source code, etc.) goes?
That would definitely save you in the near future should you need to sort
things out for, say, a source control system. Consider something like this:

projdir

*-build
|  |
|  *-classes
|  |
|  *-jars

*-src
|  |
|  *-java
|  |
|  *-tests

*-build.xml

--
Clifton C. Craig, Software Engineer
cliff@javalobby.org

--
Clifton C. Craig, Software Engineer
Intelligent Computer Systems -  A Division of GBG