ant-user mailing list archives

From "Rhino" <rhi...@sympatico.ca>
Subject Problems with exec task
Date Sat, 28 Jan 2006 16:55:44 GMT
I'm having a bit of trouble with an exec task in Windows XP Professional and
I would appreciate a bit of help from the experts on this mailing list.

I have created a short VBScript that invokes a Microsoft Word macro; the
macro expects exactly two parameters on the command line and adds the values
of these two parameters to a Word document.

When I do this on my Win XP command line, regardless of where I am in the
file system:

    "C:\Documents and Settings\Rhino\My Documents\LaunchWdMacro.vbs" Fred
Flintstone

the VBScript works fine and "Fred Flinstone" is written into the Word
document.

However, when I try to do the same thing in Ant, I run into problems.

When I try the exec this way:

<property name="vbs.script" value="c:\Documents and Settings\Rhino\My
Documents\LaunchWdMacro.vbs""/>

    <exec executable="cmd.exe" spawn="true">
        <arg line="\c ${vbs.script} Fred Flintstone"/>

    </exec>

I get no errors from Ant but the name Fred Flintstone has not been added to
the Word document either. I've also tried the exec this way but with the
same result; Fred Flintstone does not get added to the Word document:

    <exec executable="cmd.exe" spawn="true">

        <arg value="${vbs.script}"/>

        <arg value="Fred"/>

        <arg value="Flinstone"/>

    </exec>

Can anyone help me figure out what I need to change to make the exec task
work correctly? I need the exec task to run without errors _and_ I need the
parameters passed from the command line to wind up in the Word document.

I'm sure my VBScript is working fine since it works from the Windows command
line; I just can't quite get it to work from Ant.

---
Rhino