ant-user mailing list archives

From Derek Haskin <DHas...@transurban.com.au>
Subject launch a different version of ant
Date Mon, 05 Dec 2005 23:49:55 GMT

Hi,

Is there a way to launch a different version of ant from an already running
ant process.

For details on why I want to do this read on:

I am launching an ant process via the "Cruise Control" automated build tool
which launches ant version 1.6.3.
I am building a weblogic application which bundles an older version of ant
which is: 1.5.3

If I used the ant supplied by "Cruise Control" the weblogic build fails
with the following error:

 [wlwBuild] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
 [wlwBuild] java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
 [wlwBuild]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
 [wlwBuild]     at
 [wlwBuild]     at
 [wlwBuild]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
 [wlwBuild]     at workshop.core.Compile.start(Compile.java:19)
 [wlwBuild]     at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method)
 [wlwBuild]     at
 [wlwBuild]     at
 [wlwBuild]     at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
 [wlwBuild]     at workshop.core.Starter.invokeStart(Starter.java:38)
 [wlwBuild]     at workshop.core.Compile.main(Compile.java:9)
 [wlwBuild] Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/crimson/tree/XmlDocument
 [wlwBuild]     at
workshop.util.ide.PreferencesNode._export(PreferencesNode.java:540)
 [wlwBuild]     at
workshop.util.ide.PreferencesNode.exportSubtree(PreferencesNode.java:820)
 [wlwBuild]     at
workshop.util.ide.PreferencesNode.flush(PreferencesNode.java:984)
 [wlwBuild]     at workshop.core.App$15.run(App.java:1010)
 [wlwBuild]     at
workshop.core.asynctask.AsyncTaskManager.showDialogWhileRunning(AsyncTaskManager.java:272)
 [wlwBuild]     at
workshop.core.asynctask.AsyncTaskManager.showDialogWhileRunning(AsyncTaskManager.java:482)
 [wlwBuild]     at workshop.core.App.exit(App.java:1004)
 [wlwBuild]     at
workshop.core.CompileHelper.compile(CompileHelper.java:335)
 [wlwBuild]     ... 11 more

If I launch cruisecontrol with the 1.5.3 version of any I get a problem
earlier on in the build with cruisecontrol.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<---->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Privileged/Confidential information may be contained in this message.
If you are not the addressee indicated in this message (or responsible for delivery of the
message to such person), you may not copy or deliver this message to anyone.
In such a case, you should destroy this message and kindly notify the sender by reply e-mail
or by telephone on (03) 9612-6999 or (61) 3 9612-6999.
Please advise immediately if you or your employer does not consent to Internet e-mail for
messages of this kind.
Opinions, conclusions and other information in this message that do not relate to the official
business of Transurban Limited and CityLink Melbourne Limited shall be understood as neither
given nor endorsed by them.