ant-user mailing list archives

From "CLAVIER Remi RD-CORE-LAN" <remi.clav...@francetelecom.com>
Subject RE: Intermittent problem with input task
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 07:17:34 GMT
Another Question about the same topic.

When i send the command
connect aaa/port_9 -and aaa/port_8
>From a tcl console, the returned objects for aaa/port_9 and aaa/port_0 are Port classed.
It's a idea to return the object with the subclass (BPDUPort) and so to access to the subclassed
connectTo method ?

In other word, it not possible now to write
Connect (BPDUPort) aaa/port_0 -and (BPDUPort) aaa/port_9
But I need to simulate that.

My java is'nt so good...

Thanks

-----Message d'origine-----
De : Rhino [mailto:rhino1@sympatico.ca]
Envoyé : mercredi 21 décembre 2005 19:00
À : ant-user
Objet : Intermittent problem with input task

I've been having an intermittent problem with the 'input' task for the past several days.
I'm baffled by what causes it and would like to know if anyone else has seen this or knows
of a solution/workaround to keep it from happening?

I'm using Ant 1.6.5 in Eclipse 3.1.1 and my problem is simple: my 'input'
task _occasionally_ fails to bring up the input dialog. Even with -verbose and -debug in my
startup parameters, the Ant output simply shows the name of the target that contains the input
task with no other output, like so:
getserver:

The build doesn't seem to succeed _or_ fail; there is nothing after the 'getserver:' line.
However, the build seems to have ended because I can launch it again without a problem.

I was getting this problem very persistently a few days ago, then it went away suddenly. Now
it is back. I can't think of anything I have done in my build script or my environment to
cause my 'input' task to work or fail intermittently; the target is itself has been working
unchanged for a couple of years until this problem started the other day. Here is the target:

<target name="getserver" description="Determine which server is the target">
 <input message="Which server should receive the files? 1. Silo   2. Bongo"
  validargs="1,2"
  addproperty="server.choice"
  defaultvalue="2"/>
 <condition property="servername" value="Silo">
  <equals arg1="${server.choice}" arg2="1"/>
  </condition>
 <condition property="servername" value="Bongo">
  <equals arg1="${server.choice}" arg2="2"/>
  </condition>
</target>

Can anyone help me figure out how to get the 'input' task working _all_ of the time? This
is really messing me up. I have several input tasks to prompt for input that should not be
hard-coded in the script for security reasons.

Rhino