ant-user mailing list archives

From "Burgess, Benjamin" <BBurg...@tiaa-cref.org>
Subject RE: <javac> source attribute
Date Tue, 20 Dec 2005 16:31:16 GMT
This is as a result of using a 1.5 JVM to compile.  Only switching to a
1.4 JVM will prevent this warning from occurring.

Ben

-----Original Message-----
From: Lim, Teck Hooi [mailto:TeckHooi.Lim@acs-inc.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 6:15 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: <javac> source attribute

Hi,

I have used <javac> tag with the following attributes

        <javac destdir="${root.build.dir}"

               debug="${compile.debug}"

               deprecation="${compile.deprecation}"

               optimize="${compile.optimize}"

               fork="true"

               source="1.4" >

            <classpath refid="module.path" />

        </javac>

As you can see I try to compile 1.4 sources with "enum" as a variable
name
and causes this

    [javac] d:\project\mybasic\src\com\acme\TestQueue.java:192: warning:
as
of release 1.5, 'enum' is a keyword, and may not be used as an
identifier

    [javac] (try -source 1.5 to use 'enum' as a keyword)

    [javac]                             Enumeration enum =
qb.getEnumeration();

    [javac]                                             ^

How do I remove this warning? I have used fork="true" and source="1.4",
am I
missing anything else? My Ant version is 1.6.5. Please advise. TQ

/lim/

TIAA-CREF