ant-user mailing list archives

From "shreedhar natarajan" <shreedh...@ami.com>
Subject Reg. cpp task
Date Wed, 28 Dec 2005 17:31:17 GMT
hi guys,

Have anybody used cl/msvc compiler in their build. Visual Studio .Net 2003 internally executes
vsvars.bat that set a different env. variables. Only then it is possible to use "cl" from
command prompt. The task cc requires compiler to be run from the command prompt. Not sure
what is the best way to do that. Any examples wud be helpful.

Best rgds
Shreedhar

-----Original Message-----
From: Wascally Wabbit [mailto:wascallywabbit@earthling.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 28, 2005 11:48 AM
To: Ant Users List
Cc: srogers@numbersix.com
Subject: Re: running mutliple ant files

If you can use AntXtras (http://jware.info/) extensions, you could
do something like:

Example 1:
<foreach i="test-file" list="${list-of-test-files}" mode="local"
          haltiferror="no" tryeach="yes" failproperty="not.clean">
   <ant antfile="${test-file}"/>
</foreach>
<fail if="not.clean" message="Something barfed"/>

Example 2 (to capture logs per test iff it fails):
<property name="LOGS" value="...."/>
<foreach i="test-file" list="${list-of-test-files" mode="local"
          haltiferror="no" tryeach="yes" failproperty="not.clean">
   <capturelogs>
      <protect>
         <ant antfile="${test-file}"/>
         <iferror quiet="yes">
          <copylogged tofile="${LOGS}/log-${antfile}" important="no"/>
        </iferror>
      </protect>
   </capturelogs>

At 01:51 PM 12/27/2005, you wrote:
>i'm trying to find a function/loop that will run all ant test files
>in a directory that will just run one file after another even if
>there are errors
>i've tried a few things that haven't worked, any ideas or snips of
>code that will put me on the right path?
>
>Steven Rogers
>Developer at NumberSix, Asheville
>XXX-XXX-XXXX XXX
>email: srogers at numbersix dot com