ant-user mailing list archives

From "shreedhar natarajan" <shreedh...@ami.com>
Subject Ant queries
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2005 19:59:47 GMT
Guys,

Hello from shreedhar, my first mail to this group. And I have couple of questions !

1) I was goin through Ant core practices(Ant in anger document coming along the installation),
it was mentioned that its primary purpose is to accelerate the construction and deployment
of java projects. BUT, I want to use Ant for building my reasonably big C++ projec. Can it
be used ? I am aware about things like ant-contrib and so forth. but they are not maintained
by Apache.  Has anybody out here used them to build their c,c++ project successfully.

2) I have the task "java" that is used to compile java files. But I can achieve the something
by using task exec. What advantage the task "java" gives me over the using exec task to execute
the java.exe.

Thanks,
Shreedhar