ant-user mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: Ant 1.7
Date Sat, 17 Dec 2005 16:28:48 GMT
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, David M. Lee <> wrote:
>> From: Stefan Bodewig []
>> On Thu, 15 Dec 2005, David M. Lee <> wrote:
>> > Anyone have any idea when Ant 1.7 will become official?
>> I wouldn't hold my breath.  We haven't added too many really big
>> changes, but one of them (ResourceCollections) is only slowly
>> getting picked up by existing tasks - and it only makes sense if
>> enough tasks use it.
> In that case, what are the chances that the signjar timestamp
> support could be back ported to 1.6?

I guess, if you did it yourself it would be pretty easy.  I don't
expect any further relase of the 1.6 series.  But that's just me,
there are plenty of other committers who might think different.

> If that's not possible, any recommendations for a semi-stable
> snapshot of 1.7?

stability of svn trunk isn't the problem, Ant's svn builds and works
reliably most of the time (thanks to Gump which keep us on our toes).
It's more a matter of having too much unfinished business to cut a

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message