ant-user mailing list archives

From "Jonnalagadda, Sumithra" <sumit...@amgen.com>
Subject RE: ant-user OutOfMemoryException
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 20:33:03 GMT

Did you try setting it for reach project in your workspace seperately?.
-----Original Message-----
From: ferrerctst@cox.net [mailto:ferrerctst@cox.net]
Sent: Wednesday, December 07, 2005 8:49 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Cc: mikael.petterson@ericsson.com
Subject: ant-user OutOfMemoryException

Mikael,

Thanks for the reply, I honestly did not get my hope up as the community
boards (where Apache wants us to ask around first since they offer no
support) was not responsive.

I am using 1.6.2 and have even switched to 1.6.5 hoping it would solve some
of my problems.  I basically inherited this role as some core project people
left before i joined the company.  I did have the ANT_OPS setting but that
was not working..I will try your suggestings today.

> From: "Mikael Petterson (KI/EAB)" <mikael.petterson@ericsson.com>
> Date: 2005/12/07 Wed AM 01:35:27 EST
> To: <ferrerctst@cox.net>
> Subject: RE: ant-user OutOfMemoryException
>
> Hi,
>
> Yes I resolved it. The thing is that using  ANT_OPTS  to increase Xmx and
Xms does not seem to have any affect on the jvm starting ant.
> However when I increase the heap using Xmx and Xms to the jvm starting ant
it works! It does not seem that ANT_OPTS is recognized.

> This is the line I am using to start ant in my wrapper shell script:
>
> $JAVACMD $ANT_OPTS -Xbootclasspath/p:$XALAN:$XERCES_IMPL:$XML_APIS
-classpath "${ANT_HOME}/lib/ant-launcher.jar" "-Dant.home=${ANT_HOME}"
org.apache.tools.ant.launch.Launcher -lib $JUNIT  $*

> Don't mind the Xbootclasspath.
>
> If you have any luck let me know.I am using ant 1.6.2. Which version are
you using?

> please post to user@ant.apache.org and cc me. I will assist as much as
possible.

> cheers,
>
> //mikael

resolved?  I have a similar issue but when running JUNIT Tests during the
build process.