ant-user mailing list archives

From "Steven Anderson" <sander...@salesforce.com>
Subject UTF-8 text in a propertyfile?
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 01:15:07 GMT
I'm trying to pass a string of UTF-8 (Japanese) characters via a
property to an xslt task in ant.

If I set the property in the buildfile, with encoding="UTF-8",
everything works fine.  If I specify the property on the command-line
(in Windows XP), or via a UTF-8 encoded property file, the characters
are not longer UTF-8 (I think they have been turned into ASCII
characters).

Is it possible to set ant properties in a property file with UTF-8
characters?

This seems like an obvious question to ask, but I couldn't find any
mention of it in the Ant documentation or the mailing list.  If I've
missed it, please let me know.

	Steve