ant-user mailing list archives

From "Dick, Brian E." <Brian.D...@FMR.com>
Subject RE: C preprocessor driven from ANT?
Date Tue, 13 Dec 2005 14:29:12 GMT
I once used gcc for this purpose. You can just run the pre-processor and
save the output.

I also have used m4. It's a bit more powerful than gcc and is language
agnostic.

I have since bagged both of those and use ant's filterchains. I use the
ExpandProperties and ReplaceTokens filterchains instead of #defines. I
use the ConcatFilter filterchain or the Concat task instead of
#includes.

-----Original Message-----
From: Tim Gordon [mailto:tim.gordon@allustra.com]
Sent: Tuesday, December 13, 2005 8:30 AM
To: user@ant.apache.org
Subject: C preprocessor driven from ANT?

Hi

Does anyone know of a pure-Java pre-processor that can handle c-style
multiple #include and nested #defines?

Our DB build is preceded by the SQL being subject to some C-style
pre-processing before the stored procs are run into the DB. Our DB build
is
done outside of ANT using make at the moment but the only barrier to
driving
it from ANT is the fact that this C-style pre-processing has to take
place.

Obviously I'm after a pure-Java implementation so that I don't have to
worry
about cross-platform issues, otherwise I'd just exec a resident native
binary pre-processor.

Tim

Allustra Limited
85 Gracechurch Street