ant-user mailing list archives

From "Alexey N. Solofnenko" <a.solofne...@mdl.com>
Subject Re: Reg. cpp task
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:22:20 GMT
This is how I do it. I created a separate batch script that configures
environment for VisualStudio.Net and starts ANT (the script allows local
setpath.bat, if local environment is different):

if not "%MSVCDir%" == "" goto build

call "%VS71COMNTOOLS%vsvars32.bat"

:build
call %~dp0ant.bat %*

Unfortunately it does not work with VisualStudio 2005. So there is
another trick. This script allows local setpath.bat script to setup
configuration. If setpath.bat does not exist, default script
(setpath.bat.orig - it should be in your version control) is used.
Please substitute MSVCDir environment variable with any other variable
to check, if setpath.bat was already executed.

if not "%MSVCDir%" == "" goto build

if exist %~dp0setpath.bat goto runsetpath
copy setpath.bat.orig setpath.bat

:runsetpath
echo Executing setpath.bat
call %~dp0setpath.bat

:build
call %~dp0ant.bat %*

- Alexey.

shreedhar natarajan wrote:
> hi guys,
>
> Have anybody used cl/msvc compiler in their build. Visual Studio .Net 2003 internally
executes vsvars.bat that set a different env. variables. Only then it is possible to use "cl"
from command prompt. The task cc requires compiler to be run from the command prompt. Not
sure what is the best way to do that. Any examples wud be helpful.