ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: MULTI DEPLOYMENT
Date Thu, 29 Dec 2005 00:04:02 GMT
Karthik wrote:

> Hi form,
> I am a begineer in here.
>
> I have a single application and currently 3 systems,
> and need too use ANT to deploy the application on all the 3 systems.
>
> The systems may increase in next quater...
>
>   So have to develop the build.xml file in such a way for flexibility....
>
>  I have gone thru the documentation on using the tasks ,cant figure out how
> to achieve this feature

It depends on the nature of your deployment problem. If its just 'how do
I copy files to three different systems", then use property file and
<property file="secure/${server}.properties" /> to pull in a different
set of properties for each target system.

If you have a more complex problem like "how do bring up my app on
jboss+mysql on host A, tomcat and derby on host B, with clean install of
everything if needed", then the project I work on by day, SmartFrog, is
more suited to your needs: http://smartfrog.org/ . You can initiate a
deployment from Ant.

-Steve