ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Creating war/ear directly from path
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 16:55:07 GMT
Igor Semenko wrote:
> Hi, all.
>

> In our build file we use path definition like this:
> <path id="ear.libs">
>
>     <fileset dir="${lib.dir}">
>
>       <include name="asm/jars/*.jar" />
>
>     </fileset>
>
> </path>
>

> When building ear file we copy all those files into temp dir using flattenmapper:
>
>   <copy todir="temp_libs">
>
>     <mapper type="flatten" />
>
>     <fileset refid="ear.libs" />
>
>   </copy>
>

> And then create ear including files from temp_lib dirs:
>
> <ear ..>
>
>     <fileset dir="temp_libs">
>
>       <include name="*.jar" />
>
>     </fileset>
>
> </ear>
>

> Is it possible to somehow skip copying jar files into temp directory and include them
into ear directly based on path declared earlier?

No. Its been discussed, having <lib> or other filesets do mapping
internally. But I just copy them into a dir. Which has some benefits; if
you are signing your jars its a place to sign them without touching the
originals, and you can see exactly what goes in there, so catching
copies of servlet.jar that shouldnt be there.