ant-user mailing list archives

From Antoine Levy-Lambert <>
Subject Re: ant-optional.jar
Date Thu, 15 Dec 2005 06:15:51 GMT
Hello Tony,

the  document called "Installing Ant" says this :

>Make sure you have downloaded any auxiliary jars required to build
tasks you are interested in.
>These should either be available on the CLASSPATH or added to the |lib|
directory. See Library Dependencies <>
for a list of jar requirements for various features.
>Note that this will make the auxiliary jars available for the building
of Ant only. For running Ant you will still need to make the jars
available as described under Installing Ant

True, lib/optional is not mentioned. We might need to fix it.

Gunter, Tony wrote:

>Okay here's how I got this to work: instead of placing the oro and
> jar files in ANT_HOME\lib, I placed them in
>ANT_HOME\lib\optional.  Why is this not covered in the documentation, or
>is it and I just overlooked it somehow (very possible, even likely)?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message