ant-user mailing list archives

From Steve Loughran <ste...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to detect missing jars in a <path>?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 10:57:21 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'd like a construct like
>
> <path id="xyz">
>   <pathelement path="ok.jar"/>
>   <pathelement path="missing.jar"/>
> </path>
>
> to fail if missing.jar is not available.
>
> Is there a way without using a separate <available/> element (which
> means having the missing.jar name in two places, unless I'm missing
> something)?
>
> Making the Path class configurable to cause an error instead of logging
> the "dropping " + f + " from path as it doesn't exist" could be a
> solution, but I'm wondering if there's an easier way, without
> duplicating jar names.

Sounds to me like you've just added a new condition to Ant, Monsieur
Delacretaz, called something like <pathexists> , which verifies that
every element in a path is present, logs at -verbose level if one is
missing (and perhaps sets a property to a filelist/path of missing items).

something like
<condition property="missing.path">
   <available pathref="xyz" missingpathid="xyz.missing"
textproperty="message" />
</condition>
<fail if="missing.path">Missing files ${message}</fail>

implementations & tests gratefully accepted

-steve