ant-user mailing list archives

From Anand Krishniyer <akris...@savvion.com>
Subject jar update does not work
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 00:35:56 GMT
Hi
I am trying to update an ear file using jar update.

 <jar destfile="${my.location}/applications/a.ear"
        basedir="${lib.dir}"
        includes="myclient.jar"
        update="true"/>

Now here is the background.
a.ear may already contain myclient.jar(along with other jar files) and
could be newer, but I want the jar task to update the ear with
myclient.jar from the specified location all the time.

When I manually run
jar ufM ${my.location}/applications/a.ear myclient.jar

it works fine. I need to figure out a way to update the ear with the jar
file all the time (even when the jars in the ear are newer).

Anybody encountered this type of a problem?

Thanks in advance.
Anand