ant-user mailing list archives

From Dominique Devienne <>
Subject Re: jar update does not work
Date Sat, 03 Dec 2005 16:53:24 GMT
> When I manually run
> jar ufM ${my.location}/applications/a.ear myclient.jar

The command line jar command always does what you tell it to do.
Ant's <jar> tries to be smarter, and does something when timestamp
checking tells it something needs to be done, to enable incremental

> it works fine. I need to figure out a way to update the ear with the jar
> file all the time (even when the jars in the ear are newer).

Looks like you're out of luck with <jar>, as it seems to be lacking a
'force' attribute some other tasks have to bypass the timestamp

As a work around, maybe you could <touch> the myclient.jar file prior
to <jar>, which should make it newer than the version inside the jar,
and thus indirectly force <jar> to re-include it. --DD

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message