ant-user mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: How to detect missing jars in a <path>?
Date Mon, 12 Dec 2005 11:17:47 GMT
Le 12 déc. 05, à 11:57, Steve Loughran a écrit :

> ...Sounds to me like you've just added a new condition to Ant,
> Monsieur Delacretaz, called something like <pathexists> , which
> verifies that every element in a path is present, logs at -verbose
> level if one is missing (and perhaps sets a property to a
> filelist/path of missing items)...

Thanks for confirming that it doesn't exist yet, I was wondering if I
was missing something obvious.

> something like
> <condition property="missing.path">
>   <available pathref="xyz" missingpathid="xyz.missing"
> textproperty="message" />
> </condition>
> <fail if="missing.path">Missing files ${message}</fail>

Sounds good, I'll try to come up with something in my Copious Free
Time...

Actually, if the JVMs would check existence of all jar files passed in
the classpath, it would make our lives easier in many places.

-Bertrand