ant-user mailing list archives

From William Louth <>
Subject Re: Target duration
Date Thu, 22 Dec 2005 23:22:16 GMT
You might also want to check out, JXInsight, an extensible distributed tracing and profiling
product that provides a powerful visualization console and indepth JVM metrics (cpu time,
high resolution clock times, thread blocking and waiting, GC, object allocations as well as
JUnit, Log4j and Java Logging trace integrations.
 This articles looks at how JXInsight                                    can be used to trace
and profile the execution                                    of Ant build projects, targets,
and tasks. Showing                                    a new integrated extension for JUnit
that supports                                    tracing of local and distributed (forked
process)                                    tests executed by the Ant JUnit task. Using
                                 Hibernate 3.0 as the build project example the
                         article demonstrates how to trace across multiple
                    JVM's and JXInsight trace extensions (Apache
          Ant, JUnit, and JDBC/JDBInsight) - correlating
  transaction paths and SQL statements with resulting                                    distributed
 William Louth
 JXInsight Product Architect
 "J*EE tuning, testing and tracing with JXInsight"

----- Original Message ----
From: Jeffrey E Care <>
To: Ant Users List <>
Sent: Fri Dec 23 05:29:31 2005
Subject: Re: Target duration

For building WebSphere Application Server we have a custom logger that
calculates durations for all contexts (i.e. top-level builds, sub-builds,
targets & tasks). You can do the same fairly easily by extending the core
loggers that come with Ant.

I would share our code, but unfortunately it's IBM confidential.

Jeffrey E. Care (
WebSphere v7 Release Engineer