ant-user mailing list archives

From Ninju Bohra <ninju_bo...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: asadmin start-domain domain1
Date Wed, 14 Dec 2005 22:16:48 GMT
Can you provide the exact <exec> text you are using...

If you are "exec"ing a process (via the <exec> task) ANT will normally wait until the
process exits before proceeding to the next step (to capture output, return value, logs, etc...).
 If you do not want the ANT script to wait for the process to exits (if you want to run it
in the background for example) you need set the spawn="true" attribute on the <exec>
call

Later,

Ninju

----- Original Message ----
From: "Gunter, Tony" <tony.gunter@bearingpoint.com>
To: Ant Users List <user@ant.apache.org>
Sent: Wednesday, December 14, 2005 3:36:16 PM
Subject: asadmin start-domain domain1

I am invoking Sun AppServer's asadmin.bat from my ant script to start up
the application server.  When I type the command from the command line,
it works fine (asadmin start-domain domain1).  When the same line is
invoked from my ant task, the server comes up, but the ant script never
moves on to the next sequential task.  I realize this may or may not be
an ant issue, but I was wondering if anyone had seen that behavior
before.