ant-user mailing list archives

From Paul Keeble <cs...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Problem with Locale and SQL task
Date Thu, 08 Dec 2005 18:12:20 GMT
I am having some problems loading unicode using the SQL task with Ant 1.6.5 on
JDK 1.4.on Linux. The database is MS SQL. When the scripts are run from the
linux the internaitionl characters (sample below) are replaced with a ?. The
database is set to use utf-8 encoding.

When connecting via the Enterprise Manager the same scripts load normally, so
it is something to do with Ant + JDBC.

A sample insertion data that would be in the sql script that shows the problem:

INSERT INTO dbo.TABLE(KeyName,Locale,Value) VALUES('Key','de','Allgemeine
Geschäftsbedingungen');

In the database under column value after running the sql task the entry would
read:
Allgemeine Gesch?ftsbedingungen

Nothing special is being done in the sql task - its simply as follows:

<sql classpathref="database.classpath"
  driver="com.microsoft.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver"
  url="${db.connection.url}"
  autocommit="true"
  delimiter="GO"
  delimitertype="row"
  src="myfile.sql"
  userid="..."
  password="..."/>

What am I doing wrong here, are their additional settings I need on the sql
statement or do I need to go through and replace these characters with \u....
etc?

Paul