ant-user mailing list archives

From <>
Subject ant-user OutOfMemoryException
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 16:48:43 GMT

Thanks for the reply, I honestly did not get my hope up as the community boards (where Apache
wants us to ask around first since they offer no support) was not responsive.

I am using 1.6.2 and have even switched to 1.6.5 hoping it would solve some of my problems.
 I basically inherited this role as some core project people left before i joined the company.
 I did have the ANT_OPS setting but that was not working..I will try your suggestings today.

> From: "Mikael Petterson (KI/EAB)" <>
> Date: 2005/12/07 Wed AM 01:35:27 EST
> To: <>
> Subject: RE: ant-user OutOfMemoryException
> Hi,
> Yes I resolved it. The thing is that using  ANT_OPTS  to increase Xmx and Xms does not
seem to have any affect on the jvm starting ant.
> However when I increase the heap using Xmx and Xms to the jvm starting ant it works!
It does not seem that ANT_OPTS is recognized.
> This is the line I am using to start ant in my wrapper shell script:
> $JAVACMD $ANT_OPTS -Xbootclasspath/p:$XALAN:$XERCES_IMPL:$XML_APIS -classpath "${ANT_HOME}/lib/ant-launcher.jar"
"-Dant.home=${ANT_HOME}" -lib $JUNIT  $*
> Don't mind the Xbootclasspath.
> If you have any luck let me know.I am using ant 1.6.2. Which version are you using?
> please post to and cc me. I will assist as much as possible.
> cheers,
> //mikael
I have a similar issue but when running JUNIT Tests during the build process.
> Thanks
> -Eric

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: