ant-user mailing list archives

From Arnault BELLINA <katapl...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Installing ant on AIX 5.2
Date Wed, 07 Dec 2005 08:20:52 GMT
Hi all !

  I'm trying to install Apache ant 1.6.5 on AIX 5.2. I unpacked  the  tar file and I tried
as mentionned in the Building ant Manual to build  ant from sources.

  However when i build ant with the script build.sh I had a problem with the underscript bootstrap.sh
:

  I get this error :

  ./build.sh -Ddir.dist=ant dist

  ... Bootstrapping Ant Distribution
  ... Compiling Ant Classes
  ./bootstrap.sh[130]: /usr/java14/sh/javac: arg list too long
  ... Failed compiling Ant classes !
  Bootstrap FAILED

  I find that the problem come from the code :

  "${JAVAC}" $BOOTJAVAC_OPTS -d ${CLASSDIR} ${TOOLS}/bzip2/*.java ${TOOLS}/tar/*.java ${TOOLS}/zip/*.java
\
      ${TOOLS}/ant/util/regexp/RegexpMatcher.java \
      ${TOOLS}/ant/util/regexp/RegexpMatcherFactory.java \
      ${TOOLS}/ant/types/*.java \
      ${TOOLS}/ant/taskdefs/compilers/*.java \
      ${TOOLS}/ant/taskdefs/condition/*.java \
      ${TOOLS}/ant/*.java ${TOOLS}/ant/taskdefs/*.java
  ret=$?
  if [ $ret != 0 ]; then
    echo ... Failed compiling Ant classes !
    exit $ret
  fi

  I try to separate the instruction in two part but I get a new error when the build.sh script
use the build.xml file.

  Is there any solution to correct the JAVAC compilation to make it works  ? Is there anybody
who had this error. Or does it exist some binary of  ant  that works  on AIX 5.2

  Thanks a lot

  Arnault

 Téléchargez le ici !