ant-user mailing list archives

From Petar Tahchiev <paranoia...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Jboss start and stop scripts
Date Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:46:15 GMT
On 01/11/05, Keith Hatton <khatton@axiomsystems.com> wrote:

> This works for me - on Windoze anyway, I'm sure you can do something
> similar on other platforms.
>
> HTH
> Keith
>
> <exec dir="${jboss.home}/bin" executable="cmd.exe"
> os="Windows 2000,Windows XP">
> <arg line="/c shutdown.bat -S"/>
> <env key="NOPAUSE" value="true"/>
> </exec>

I am not familiar with the jboss tasks ant provides but another clue might
look like this:

As far as I know JBoss is Java-implemented, so it would be enough to look
the source and find the main class. Next you you use the <java> task and
start those class with the desired parameters. Or if you prefer you could
write a simple task or macrodef for doing this. I have done this with
Tomcat, although I admit it was much easier to deal with Tomcat than JBoss.

Hope that helps!

Regards, Petar!