ant-user mailing list archives

From Peter Reilly <>
Subject Re: [tag] Re: The good ol' JUnit problem
Date Mon, 14 Nov 2005 09:48:16 GMT
Not quite,
one can use the "classloader" task as implemented
in bugzilla 28228.
Please note that this uses
protected methods on the java classes and thus may not
be future compible.

However, I do think that optional ant tasks should not
require the thirdparty jars to be placed in .ant/lib or $ANT_HOME/lib,
or require modification of ant's distribution, or require use
of protected methods...

There is a patch to allow the junit task to be loaded without refering
to the junit classes (cannot find the bugzilla number at the moment).
**I am not too sure if this is backward compatible.
I think that all *NEW* optional tasks to ant should follow that convention.