ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lawrie Gallardo" <lawriegalla...@hotmail.com>
Subject Example Ant 1.6 build files for project with multiple WAR and JAR modules?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 09:08:39 GMT
Hi,

I need to put together Ant 1.6 build files for a project which will have an
EAR module and several WAR and JAR modules. I ideally want to make good use
of Ant 1.6 features such as import, macrodef and subant tasks to produce a
common build file (which each individual module's build file can then import
and override), a master build file, and a release build file. To avoid
re-inventing the wheel, I have tried to find an open source project with
suitable build files to use as a starting block, but I have not been able to
find anything that fits the bill.

Does anyone know of an open source project with build files that would be
worth me taking a look at?

Or has anybody already put together something along these lines for an
existing project? If so, I'd be incredibly grateful if you could mail me a
copy of these build files so that I could use them as a starting point to
adapt and amend to fit my project's requirements. I know this sounds a bit
cheeky, but I'd really like to avoid the unproductive effort of starting
completely from scratch and re-inventing the wheel...

Thanks in advance,

Lawrie.
eMail: lawriegallardo at hotmail dot com