ant-user mailing list archives

From "Lawrie Gallardo" <lawriegalla...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: Example Ant 1.6 build files for project with multiple WAR and JAR modules?
Date Wed, 02 Nov 2005 16:16:12 GMT
Hi Ron,

I have searched through the Apache projects, but none of them seem to do
anything like I am trying to do with Ant (i.e. project containing multiple
WAR and JAR modules awith common build file which the individual module's
build files import and override, plus a master build file that runs the same
target(s) for all build files), or else, like you say, they use Maven.

I am interested in using Maven in the future, and when Maven 2.0 is released
(not just Beta, with some of the plug-ins I need not available) I think this
might well be the way to go. However, for the moment I need to stick with
Ant, but I'm really struggling to find any examples - surely somebody out
there must have written Ant build files along the lines I've mentioned???

Regards,
Lawrie.