ant-user mailing list archives

From <pritesh.saha...@wipro.com>
Subject RE: Issue using ReplaceRegExp
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2005 08:54:37 GMT

I tried using the pattern something like this;

<target name="try-rep">
	<replaceregexp file="log.txt"
	               byline="true">

		<regexp pattern="/\[java\] parts created" />
		<substitution expression="Size="/>
</target>
But I am seeing no changes in my log.txt file altough now I am not getting any error message
and ant console output is showing me

try-rep:
[replaceregexp] Replacing pattern '/\[java\] parts created:' with 'Size=' in 'D:\pvcsAnt\log.txt'
by line.

I am totally confused with this ReplaceRegExp
Like to know does the changes will be reflected in the same file (i.e. log.txt) file, and
I would be able to see "Size=11" instead of "[java] parts created:"?

Can anyone give a snipet of code for this problem, I will be thankful to you.

--Pritesh